The postgraduate programme in Corporate Restructuring is designed by practitioners and academics from the Dutch Restructuring Association (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Herstructurering) in cooperation with the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. This close alignment with the needs of the restructuring sector guarantees added value in your working environment.
The programme takes a multidisciplinary view of the corporate restructuring process. A thorough understanding of critical aspects across various disciplines is necessary to enhance the success of a restructuring. The Corporate Restructuring Executive Programme aims at restructuring professionals ready to look beyond their fields of expertise to become true restructuring experts.
The key benefits of attending this programme are:
- Broaden the perspective on the restructuring discipline through understanding the operational, financial and legal complexities surrounding distressed companies.
- Gain insights into the different perspectives of stakeholders and understand how to manage them best.
- Acquire and master hands-on knowledge, crucial in daily practice, thanks to a balanced mix of academic and professional expertise.
- Develop negotiation and crisis management skills to become more effective during turnarounds.
- Understand which actions to take at each stage of the restructuring process: from the first signs of distress to implementing a financial and/or operational restructuring.
- Strengthen your personal confidence and decision-making capabilities through a better understanding and a clear overview of the restructuring process.
- Learn from a large number of top lecturers mainly from professional practice.
- Connect with the restructuring community and fellow participants and build your professional network.
The programme at a glance:
- Start date: April 2024
- Duration: 1 year (part-time)
- Tuition fees: € 11,000 (for 10 sessions including reading materials), members of the Dutch Restructuring Association pay a reduced fee of € 9,500. Additional costs: one-night accommodation of EUR 130,-.
- Lectures: once a month 1 or 1,5 days each, on Friday (including lunch) and occasionally on Thursday evening (including dinner).
- Location: Hotel Breukelen. If you want to stay the night, it is at your own expense.
- Form: physical classes only.
- Language: English.
Who should attend?
The programme targets restructuring professionals who are active and have a sufficient level of experience in the restructuring industry. The admission procedure aims to maximise the benefits for all participants by a multidisciplinary composition of the class of 25. More information