The course banner image is by artist Fabian Holle
This online course highlights artistic practice as research, and the act of creation as a form of knowledge in and of itself.
Students will learn about an approach to research that engages artistic expression, scholarly investigation, curiosity, and experimentation.
- Course days: 9-20 January 2023
- Attendance: online
- Course level: Master's, PhD candidates and professionals from all disciplines
- Course curriculum: read more about the course curriculum
- Coordinating lecturer: Alexandra Greene
- Guest speakers: Diana Al-Halabi, Emilia Thorin, Fabian Holle, Gustavo Valdivia, James Parnell, Phoebe Kisubi Mbasalaki and Vinicius Marquet
- Forms of tuition: instruction will consist of lectures, seminars, and interactive workshops. Readings should be completed in advance.
- Language of tuition: English
- Forms of assessment: attendance and active participation, daily soundwalks, final reflection, and a co-created zine.
- Credits: 3 ECTS
- Contact hours: 40 hours
- Tuition fee: read all information about our fees, discounts and scholarships
This online course is part of VU Amsterdam Graduate Winter School online learning, short courses targeted at graduates and professionals.
Ready to apply? Fill in the application form (opens in a new window).