This online course highlights artistic practice as research, and the act of creation as a form of knowledge in and of itself.
Students will learn about an approach to research that engages artistic expression, scholarly investigation, curiosity, and experimentation.
- Course days: 10-14 January 2022
- Attendance: online
- Course level: Master's, PhD candidates and professionals from all disciplines
- Course curriculum: read more about the course curriculum
- Coordinating lecturer: Alexandra Greene
- Guest speakers: Diana Al-Halabi, Emilia Thorin, Fabian Holle, Gustavo Valdivia, James Parnell, Phoebe Kisubi Mbasalaki and Vinicius Marquet
- Forms of tuition: instruction will consist of seminars, interactive workshops, and close readings of texts/media.
- Forms of assessment: either a short research-creation proposal or a short research-creation project
- Credits: 3 ECTS
- Contact hours: 20 hours
- Tuition fee: read all information about our fees, discounts and scholarships
Registration for VU Graduate Winter School 2022 has closed. We will open for applications for winter school 2023, Mid-August 2022. Please leave your contact details in case you would like to be kept up to date on the courses on offer. Did you know we also offer a summer programme? Please view the summer courses on offer.
*If you choose to apply as an auditor participant, you will have access to all the lectures and workshops of your winter course for a discounted price (-€100). You will, however, not participate in assignments and will therefore not receive a transcript of records or study credits after completing the course.