Application process and requirements
How to apply?
First of all, we’re thrilled that you want to apply for one of our courses!
To go ahead with your application, it’s as simple as filling out our online application form. When completing the form, please make sure that you:
- Write briefly about your motivations for taking the course.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae/Résumé in English (the file size mustn’t exceed 1 MB).
Your CV and motivation will be shared with the lecturers before the start of the course.
Before applying, please make sure that you read through the General Terms and Conditions.
After filling out the application form, you will be transferred to a payment page to complete the process. Your admission will be confirmed once we have reviewed your application according to the following factors: entry requirements, availability in the course, and whether or not your payment has been received.
Are you currently a student?
If so, we kindly ask that you use your university email address when submitting your application so that we can apply your student discount.
- Early Bird Deadline: 1 October (receive €50 discount!)
- Application deadline: 15 November
Do you have any questions or concerns? If anything comes up, don’t hesitate to reach out using the following email address: email@example.com.
Courses are taught at the Master's and PhD levels and are suitable for students as well as staff and working professionals. The entry requirements are as follows:
- Master's: at least enrolled in the 1st year of Master studies - professionals need to have a Bachelor diploma
- PhD: at least enrolled in 1st year of PhD studies
Individual courses may have their own entry requirements, so please check the course descriptions.
If doubts remain about the student’s academic level based on the documents provided, VU Graduate Winter School reserves the right to ask for additional documents and/or a telephone/video interview. If you are not eligible for the course, you will receive a full refund.
Apply now via our online application form!
English language requirements
At VU Graduate Winter School, we don’t require proof of your proficiency in English.
However, we do expect you to understand enough of the language to follow classes taught in English. As such, you should have at least a B2 level of English, as developed within the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR). This is comparable to a TOEFL internet test with a score of 92 or an IELTS score of 6.5.
If you have been accepted to VU Graduate Winter School and have paid the tuition fee, but due to unforeseen circumstances, need to cancel, the following refunds will be given:
- Cancellation before 1 December: 100% of the total fee will be refunded
- Cancellation between 1 December and 1 January: 50% of the total fee will be refunded
- Cancellation after 1 January: no refund will be given