Technology has become ubiquitous in our global, connected society. Globally distributed information processing services have taken centre stage, with the internet connecting a variety of information processing devices, ranging from embedded sensors to data centres operated by world-leading companies.
The Computer Science programme is a joint degree between VU Amsterdam and the University of Amsterdam. It’s structured according to seven specialisations, of which you’ll choose one depending on your own area of interest:
- Big Data Engineering
- Foundations of Computing and Concurrency
- Computer Systems and Infrastructure
- Systems for Large-Scale Applications
- Software Engineering and Green IT
- International track: Global Software Engineering European Master
- International track: Software Engineers for Green Deal
The tracks Computer Systems and Infrastructure and Systems for Large-Scale Applications will be offered starting from 2023-2024. The complete overview of the programme and the year schedule for these tracks will be published in June 2023. Notice that the tracks Parallel Computing Systems and Internet & Web Technology are being discontinued. It's no longer possible to enroll in these tracks.