Follow the highly rated EMFC-programme of VU Amsterdam, obtain three titles and embark on your journey to become a successful CFO. Students rate the programme between 8.5 and 9.2.
The EMFC-programme in brief:
- Start: February and September
- Duration: 2 years (part-time)
- Language: Classes in English and in Dutch
- Credit points (European Credit and Accumulation System, ECTS): 62
- Lectures: Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Format: classroom
- Costs: €12,225 per year (excluding study materials)
- Titles after completion: MSc (Master of Science), EMFC (Executive Master of Finance and Control) and RC (Register Controller, through membership of the Association of Register Controllers, in Dutch: Vereniging Register Controllers, VRC)
The programme is also taught in Dutch. Visit the Dutch page for more information.
Why choose the VU EMFC-programme?
- Is it your ambition to become a CFO? Or have a career as a senior finance executive? If so, VU Amsterdam is the right place for you!
- Our programme had the highest score in the Keuzegids Masters 2021 and 2022.
- Did you know VU Amsterdam was the first to introduce this programme?
- You follow an innovative programme, that responds to the latest trends in the field.
- Over 90 percent of our alumni highly praise the added value of this programme.
- The programme boosted the careers of over 90 percent of the Alumni.
What makes this programme unique?
The VU EMFC-programme:
- Prepares you to be an 'All-round leader in finance aspiring the CFO job'.
- Gives you an excellent command of the core skills for financials that are necessary for:
- developing and continuously improving end-to-end finance and control processes as the ‘backbone of the finance function’;
- deploying data analytics for performance evaluation and performance improvement;
- effectively fulfilling the business partner role for strategic and operational decision making.
- Ensures that your employer benefits from your participation from day one as you work together in teams solving current issues from your own practice.
- Gives you active guidance during the lecture programme; you will receive weekly feedback on the implementation of the Business Project, and therefore also hands you the building blocks for your thesis. This way, you are able to finish your thesis earlier.
- Teaches you a lot about challenges complex organisations face, in both profit and non-profit segments.
- Enhances your personal leadership skills, allowing you to make more impact in organisations.
- Has an active alumni association that works with the programme to regularly organise CFO-lectures, updates, happy hours and other activities for over 1,750 graduates.
- Offers access to a counsellor for advice on various matters, for instance challenges relating to combining work, private life and study.