The evening course will take you to beginner’s level at the very least, but you will also have the option of continuing to a higher level, all the way up to B2. The modules of Dutch for work and study start four times a year and the classes are twice a week. After two course modules of eight weeks, you will have a good command of the basics. On completion of six modules, you will be able to understand difficult texts, speak Dutch fluently and correctly, express your opinion and participate in discussions.
During this course, you will become familiar with the Dutch language, but also with the culture, society and politics of the Netherlands. And you will become acquainted with Dutch traditions such as Koningsdag and Sinterklaas!
Reactions from participants:
- “My goal was to be able to speak Dutch comfortably and I notice that I already feel a lot more confident in speaking. I am therefore looking forward to the follow-up modules!”
- “I didn't know it was possible to learn so much in such a short time! Everything we have learned is very useful for everyday life.”
- “The materials and exercises that the teachers made were very good. Although I am usually not a fan of language courses after an 8-hour workday, I usually had a lot of fun and learned a lot.”
- "I am very satisfied with VU Amsterdam's courses. My third course is finished here and I recommend it to everyone. Especially because the courses have a very well prepared curriculum and the teachers are skilled and kind."
- "The teachers prepared the lesson well and made great, playful variation of learning methods."
- "This course really helps with integration in the Dutch environment."
- "I thought that the themes had a great relevance to our real lives, this made it more interesting. The teachers were really incredible, it was always clear what we had to do."
Would you like to learn Dutch quickly and at a high level alongside your work or studies?
Check out the Language course Dutch towards A2 (SPRINT). The course is identical to Dutch for work and study, but the pace is twice as fast: you do module 1 (ERK level 0-A1) and module 2 (A1-A2) in 8 weeks instead of 16 weeks.
Are you a VU student?
Especially for VU students there is Basic Dutch on Campus. With the evening course 'Basic Dutch on Campus' you will learn in 8 weeks how to introduce yourself, do some shopping, order a meal and have a chat with students and teachers.