The evening course will take you to beginner’s level at the very least, but you will also have the option of continuing to a higher level, all the way up to C1. The modules of Dutch for work and study start four times a year and the classes are twice a week. After two course modules of eight weeks, you will have a good command of the basics. On completion of six modules, you will be able to understand difficult texts, speak Dutch fluently and correctly, express your opinion and participate in discussions.
During this course, you will become familiar with the Dutch language, but also with the culture, society and politics of the Netherlands. And you will become acquainted with Dutch traditions such as Koningsdag and Sinterklaas!
Reactions from participants:
- “My goal was to be able to speak Dutch comfortably and I notice that I already feel a lot more confident in speaking. I am therefore looking forward to the follow-up modules!”
- “I didn't know it was possible to learn so much in such a short time! Everything we have learned is very useful for everyday life.”
- “The materials and exercises that the teachers made were very good. Although I am usually not a fan of language courses after an 8-hour workday, I usually had a lot of fun and learned a lot.”
- “I found the lessons extremely engaging. I believe the teachers managed to take us to a higher level with their level of approaching the topics: more dynamic, more exercises in the same time, extra discussions on the long texts.”
- "I am very satisfied with VU's courses. My third course is finished here and I recommend it to everyone. Especially because the courses have a very well prepared curriculum and the teachers are skilled and kind."