What is the CMA Program?
The CMA Certification consists of two parts. Part 1 focuses on Financial Planning, Performance and Analytics and Part 2 takes you deeper into Strategic Financial Management.
After passing the two exams from the US-based Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) you become a Certified Management Account (CMA). This certification is a global benchmark for management accountants and finance professionals.
Why the VU?
The VU has over 30 years of experience in preparing candidates for the CMA exams and is the only Platinum Course Provider in the Netherlands. We combine self-developed materials with worldwide renowned CMA-prep-courses to provide the best preparation for our candidates. Our team of enthusiastic and experienced lecturers create an environment where theory and practice are combined to get the best out of our candidates.
CMA in short
- Start date: January (Part 1) and September (Part 2)
- Duration: 15 weeks per part (part-time)
- Time investment: 8-10 hours per week
- Lectures: Monday evenings (from 18:45-21:15)
- Investment: € 1,600 per part (plus ± $ 500 in IMA fees)
- Location: In-person at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam