The two parts cover 12 competencies in total.
CMA Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance and Analytics
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (20%)
- Performance Management (20%)
- Cost Management (15%)
- Internal Controls (15%)
- Technology and Analytics (15%)
- External Financial Reporting Decisions (15%)
CMA Part 2: Strategic Financial Management
- Decision Analysis (25%)
- Corporate Finance (20%)
- Financial Statement Analysis (20%)
- Professional and Business Ethics (15%)
- Investment Decisions (10%)
- Risk Management (10%).
The percentages behind the topics indicate the weight for each topic per exam. More details about the content and topics of the new CMA Program is covered in the Learning Outcome Statements and Handbook.
Both the exams of CMA Part 1 and CMA Part 2 are four hour exams, taken in a Prometric Test Center. Each exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions (3 hours) and essay questions (1 hour). Candidates can start with either Part 1 or Part 2.