You select one payment method. The step-by-step plans for each method can be found on the relevant page.
Payment of tuition fees at VU Amsterdam
You can pay your tuition fees using one of four methods.
Tuition fee rates
- Direct debit authorisation
You can opt for a direct debit in one or five instalments. This is only possible from a SEPA bank account. Select 'Digital direct debit authorisation' in Studielink.
- Bank transfer
This payment method cannot be used to pay in instalments, you will have to pay the entire tuition fee at once. Additional transfer fees can be charged by the bank. Select ‘Other payment method’ in Studielink.
- Debit card
This payment method cannot be used to pay in instalments, you will have to pay the entire tuition fee at once at the Student Desk. It is not possible to pay with a credit card. Select 'Other payment method' in Studielink.
- Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld (proof of payment, known as BBC)
This payment method is only available if you are also studying at another Dutch educational institution in addition to VU Amsterdam. Select 'Other payment method' in Studielink.
- As of May, you will receive a notification about the amount of tuition fees due for the upcoming academic year and you can arrange the payment through Studielink. By entering your payment details, you are only indicating in which way you want to pay your tuition fees. It does not mean that you are automatically admissible and/or enrolled.
- The tuition fees for study programmes with a starting date of 1 February must be paid no later than 31 January.
- The tuition fees for the numerus fixus study programmes (Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Criminology, Dentistry, Gezondheid en Leven, Medicine and Psychology) must be paid no later than 15 July.
- The tuition fees for all other study programmes with a starting date of 1 September must be paid no later than 31 August.
- If you cancel your enrolment before 1 February or 1 September at the latest (depending on the starting date of your study programme), you are not required to pay any tuition fees. Any direct debit authorisation will be cancelled and any tuition fees paid in excess will be refunded automatically.
- Do you want to change your payment details? Please contact the Student Desk and use the authorisation form to pass on the changes.
- Does someone else pay your tuition fees by debit card or bank transfer? If so, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is legally required to obtain your permission for this transaction. Fill in the signed consent form and submit it to email@example.com, stating your student number.
You can arrange your student finance through DUO.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact the Student Desk.