Do you want to know how the brain works and why dysfunctions can lead to disorders? To use this knowledge to understand and combat neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS, Alzheimer's and mental disorders. Then join the master's programme Neurosciences.
Why study Neurosciences at VU Amsterdam:
- Multidisciplinary approaches in neuroscientific research: from fundamental to clinical and translational neuroscience
- Two full-time research projects (Internship I and Final year Project) including writing a research proposal, conducting experiments and analyses, presenting, discussing data and writing a scientific report
- Closely affiliated with institutes using state-of-the-art research approaches, such as the Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research (CNCR) and the VU University Medical Center (VU-UMC)
- Academic skill development and career orientation throughout the two year programme (in Career and Academic Skills Portfolio – CASP course)
- Network and participate in (inter)national Neuroscience Conferences from the get-go (e.g. Research Symposia, Amsterdam Neuroscience Meeting, Career Events)
- International community of students (from the whole world)