Are you interested in the molecular mechanisms behind major health problems, such as cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer’s? What about their impact on antibiotics or food production?
The overarching goals and practical benefits of the Master's programme Biomolecular Sciences at VU Amsterdam.
The overarching goals:
- Gain deep understanding of the fundamentals of life at a biomolecular level.
- Understand how biomolecular knowledge is used to prevent and cure diseases and build a better environment.
- Learn how to combine multidisciplinary practical and bioinformatic approaches to do cutting edge research.
- Achieve breakthroughs in molecular, pharmaceutical and life sciences, through fundamental understanding of molecules and their interaction with biological systems, humans and the environment.
- Two full-time research projects
- Closely affiliated with the Amsterdam Institute of Molecular and Life Sciences
- Academic skill development and career orientation