VU Amsterdam considers it important for you to have a good command of the language of your study programme. That is why all first-year Bachelor students are required to take either a Dutch or an English language proficiency test at the start of their studies. The test you are required to take depends on whether your Bachelor’s programme is taught in Dutch or in English.
This year the test will be held between the 11th and 15th of September. You can find the exact time and date in your personal schedule.
- The Educational Office of your faculty will register you for the language proficiency test.
- The language proficiency test is a mandatory test required to graduate for your bachelor.
- If you do not pass the test you will have to take part in the mandatory refresher course provided by the Taalloket (see document on the right-hand side).
- If you have a disability or a chronic illness, an adapted workplace can be arranged.
- Please refer to the Taalloket website for more information.
Missed the language test?
If you have missed the language test, you can participate in the catch up-session on Tuesday November 14th at 18:45. You will be registered by your Educational Office. The registrations will be visible in your schedule from the end of October onwards. Please note! The catch up-session is limited to students who did not participate in the first session. In case you have already taken the language test but did not pass, the Taalloket will invite you for refresher course.