The postgraduate Executive Treasury Management & Corporate Finance program has now been running for more than 25 years at Vrije Universiteit.
It combines three subdisciplines which are inextricably connected: Treasury Management, Risk Management, and Corporate Finance.
The curriculum consists of 3 semester modules which cover these subdisciplines:
- Corporate Financial Risk Management
- Cash and Treasury Operations
- Corporate Finance & Valuation
An integrated program on Master level in these disciplines is unique both in the Netherlands and abroad. It aims to promote your development as an academic professional through a mix of:
- Knowledge: increasing knowledge/conceptual base with practical relevance
- Application: discussing real issues in professional practice and case studies in class
- Expertise: taking an active role in forming opinions on treasury issues relevant for professional practice
The program is not just about knowledge, but to provide solid hands-on insights in the professional practice of Treasury Management & Corporate Finance.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be awarded with the title of Registered Treasurer (RT) by the Registered Treasurer foundation
This title is a well-known and widely recognized title within the treasury professionals’ community.
Five key benefits of completing semester modules / program
- Broaden the perspective on the corporate treasury and finance disciplines that all-round corporate treasurers and finance professionals should master.
- Gain and master hands-on knowledge crucial in the daily practice thanks to a balanced mix of academic and professional expertise. Most lecturers are senior affiliates from KPMG, Orchard Finance, PWC, Zanders, EY and the academic community.
- Increase career development opportunities in a different setting thanks to the participation in the Thursdays lectures, leading to new ideas, insights and personal development.
- Learn in interactive sessions when discussing practical examples, stories and business cases shared by lecturers and participants.
- Connect with the treasury community and fellow participants and build your own professional network.
Partners in delivering this programme are Orchard Finance, KPMG, PWC, Zanders and EY.