We face major challenges like climate adaptation, energy transition, health, housing, and mobility. The digital transformation has led to exponential growth in (open) data, such as local statistics, sensor data, etc. How can you help address these spatial challenges? Discover your possibilities at the master programme Geographical Information Sciences.
During this programme you will learn to look at these things strategically and the why. You start thinking up your own methods, you learn more process-wise. And you will learn from your fellow students as well. You will meet a group of international students from various disciplines that will enrich your knowledge.
What you’ll gain out of this Master programme in GIS?
In this program, you'll learn how to transform data into powerful knowledge through the use of Geographical Information Sciences (GIS). With the skills you'll gain, you'll be able to effectively analyze and visualize data in informative, visually striking maps.
From urban planning to marketing strategies, tracking pandemics to advising on green energy, a Master's in GIS will equip you with the tools to take your data analysis to new heights. Taught by experienced professionals in the field, you'll learn how to create impactful maps using the latest technology and methods, and communicate your work effectively.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to excel in your career with a Master's in GIS from VU.
Why choose Geographical Information Sciences at VU Amsterdam?
- Industry-relevant curriculum: The GIS program at VU Amsterdam is designed to be relevant to the needs of the industry, ensuring that you gain the skills and knowledge that you need.
- Leading university: VU Amsterdam is a top-ranked university in the Netherlands, providing a high-quality education in GIS.
- Experienced faculty: The GIS program at VU Amsterdam is taught by experienced professionals in the field, who are able to provide valuable insights and real-world examples to help you succeed in your studies.
- Flexibility and Structure: The program offers a balance of flexibility and structure, allowing students to tailor their studies to their schedule while still adhering to clear deadlines. This allows students to fit their education into their busy lives while still making progress towards their degree.
- Accreditation: The GIS program at VU Amsterdam is accredited, ensuring that students receive a recognized and respected Msc degree upon graduation.
Master Geographical Information Sciences at a glance:
- Start: September 2023
- Duration: 3 years (part-time)
- ECTS: 60
- Tuition fee for 2023-2024: €3,647.50 Fee is indexed each year.
- Approximately 14 study hours a week
- You can follow lectures any moment, when it suits you
- Weekly office hours with your teacher and fellow students online (elective)
- Degree: MSc in Geographical Information Sciences
- Type: fully online