- This Master’s programme focuses strongly on professional roles in which geospatial methods and techniques are applied.
- There are extensive opportunities to learn from other professionals. The core composition of the student body consists of mid-career professionals working in a variety of fields of application.
- A highly skilled, professional team of lecturers with academic expertise in the application of GIS in a variety of scientific and societal fields, and experience consulting with various public and private institutions, will lead the study and closely follow your development.
- The Admission Board will decide upon your admission after having evaluated your complete online application.
- In order to gain admission to our Master’s programme, you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent.
Your prior training should include:
- A GIS course of 6 EC and at least 300 level (equivalent to a third-year course in a bachelor’s programme).
- An Academic and Research skills course of 6 EC and at least 300 level.
If you do not yet fulfill these admission requirements, a pre-master’s programme is also available.
VU Amsterdam requires all applicants to take an English test. You can, however, begin your application without having the test results. Exceptions are made for students who have completed a bachelor or master in Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia.
The minimum English language proficiency requirements for admission to this master’s programme are:
- (Academic) IELTS: at least 7.0, on all subscores
- TOEFL internet-based test at least 100
The test results should be obtained no more than two years before the start of the programme at VU Amsterdam.