Then come join us in our Inspired Supervision course. In a series of 2-hour meetings, we analyze case histories or dilemmas through supervised supervision discussing your experiences through multiple angles and lenses. The first meeting will last 3 hours to get acquainted and approaches are chosen in consultation.
Possible Approaches: relationship management with the PhD candidate, professional identity, degree of guidance, regulation, guidance from the group, intercultural differences, tension between learning and working, inclusiveness, norms, and values of community, role model and user manual, undesirable patterns or behaviour, ethical dilemmas, unexpected needs.
Experienced supervisors of PhD students. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in PhD supervision.
Reactions from participants:
- "I enjoy learning from the experiences of the others and the different angles they offer dealing with 'problems'."
- "It's a safe environment to freely and constructively discuss open questions and challenges. It's really nice to exchange experiences and ideas."
- "I definitely recommend this course as it is a moment to explicitly think about some rare, but important situations that can happen during PhD supervision."
- "The sessions provided me with the opportunity to gain a multidisciplinary perspective on supervising PhD candidates, learn about the dos and don'ts, and reflect on my own habits and beliefs."
- "Learning about how others handle situations and their perspectives on supervision is incredibly insightful. It prompts me to reflect on my own views and approaches to supervision."
More information about this programme
Dates and registration