The following rules apply to admission to this pre-Master's programme
Number of EC minimal achieved:
HBO studentes - 210 EC
University students - 150 EC note that, apart from the rules above, other admission criteria / requirements that are not EC related are still applicable and must be met to be considered for admission into the Premaster programme.
To enter the pre-master's Programme, an English Language Test is required. VU Amsterdam requires international students and students with a HBO degree to pass an English language proficiency test. This requirement can be met if no longer than two years before the start of the programme the applicant has successfully completed one of the following examinations with the minimum scores indicated:
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 (due to Covid-19 the IELTS Indicator will also be accepted for admissions in 2020)
- TOEFL paper based test: 580
- TOEFL internet based test: 92
- VU TOEFL ITP: 580
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): A, B, C
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A, B, C
Exceptions are made for students who:
- have obtained a Dutch vwo-diploma including English, or an International Baccalaureate or European
- have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a Dutch university,
- have completed previous education in Canada, Ireland, UK, USA, Australia or New Zealand.
Please refer to the Language Requirements webpage for the general requirements regarding language proficiency.
Copies of your English test results can be uploaded in VUnet or sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. a pre-master assessment is not required.