Involvement of researchers from at least two CLUE+ affiliated research clusters or departments and of at least one CLUE+ member.
Applications must refer to activities (e.g. research, valorisation) with an interdisciplinary character.
Links to CLUE+ programmes and VU profile theme Connected World
Applications must be explicitly related to one of the CLUE+ research programmes and/or the VU profile theme Connected World. For more information regarding the CLUE+ programmes please visit our website.
For more information about the VU profile theme Connected World please visit the website.
Quality, innovativeness and impact of the proposal
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the following three criteria: quality, innovative nature, and scientific impact.
Society, and with it our university community, is embraces diversity in many ways (gender, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, ways of thinking and religion). CLUE+ is committed to equal representation of this diversity and recommends its researchers to do the same when organizing events and activities. For more information about diversity at VU, please visit the website.
CLUE+ wants to contribute to a sustainable world. If an application involves international travel, we therefore ask applicants to reflect on the following questions:
(1) Is international travel necessary or are there online alternatives?
(2) How can the negative environmental impact of travel be minimised?
CLUE+ will only approve travel expenses under the following conditions:
- Travel is for the purpose of an international meeting lasting more than three hours.
- Public transportation is used if the travel time by public transportation is six hours or less, or if the travel time by public transportation is shorter than or equal to the travel time by plane.
- A motivation is given for why physical presence at an event is required and/or whether the researcher for whom funds are requested will combine the trip with other work activities.
- If travel time to an event or activity by public transportation does not exceed eight hours, public transportation should be used.
- If travel time to an event or activity by public transportation is no more than two hours longer than travel time by plane, public transportation should be used.
Matching of third parties is considered a plus.
An explicit link with the Profile Theme Connected World is considered a plus.