Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam considers it very important that every student can study in a safe and pleasant environment. Sexual harassment and other forms of undesirable behaviour (such as violence or aggression) are, therefore, not tolerated. Unfortunately, undesirable behaviour still occurs. That is why VU Amsterdam has an Inappropriate Conduct to prevent and counteract it. To this end, among other things, confidential counsellors have been appointed and a complaints procedure exists. An Investigation Committee can also be set up.
If you are confronted with (recurring) intimidating or aggressive behaviour by staff or fellow students, if you are discriminated against or if sexual harassment has occurred and you wish to discuss this in confidence, you can turn to a confidential counsellor.
The confidential counsellors are there to:
- take care of you, give you advice and support;
- inform you of the various ways in which you can solve the problem or submit a complaint;
- guide you in case you want to have the matter mediated or if you want to submit a complaint to the Complaints Committee;
- ensure that you receive adequate follow-up care, if necessary.
Currently, all conversations with the confidential counsellor are by telephone or via Zoom, but should you benefit from a live conversation, please let us know. You can contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone:
- Fatiema Khadje, +31 (0)20 59 82094
- Jos de Haan, +31 (0)20 59 87280