Organisations are increasingly aware that conducting research into its key organisational processes, and their effects on employees, industries and even markets, is an important function of every organisation’s self-assessment. Research produces new knowledge, which needs to be integrated into the heart of the organisational processes, and serve as a basis for objective decision-making for bringing valuable innovation and change.
The Part-time PhD in Business programme supports business leaders and professionals in conducting original scientific research on a business or management subject of their own choice, for instance related to their own practice. During the 4-year rigorous training trajectory, participants acquire the theoretical knowledge and methodological skills for conducting independent research, and develop 4+ academic papers, which will together form the body of their PhD dissertation.
What does this PhD programme deliver?
Through this part-time PhD in Business programme we support you in:
- Learning to conduct high quality research
- Publishing research in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Leveraging practical knowledge and expertise for the creation of innovative, evidence-based business concepts
- Leveraging the existing research findings into a new integrated knowledge
- Answer growing organisational concerns about the implications of your business decisions and change initiatives
- Becoming a valuable member of, and a contributor to a vibrant academic community
The PhD programme in Business at a glance:
- Start date: January 2022
- Duration: 4+ years (3-6 years)
- Time investment: at least 16 hours a week for research and course work
- Tuition fees: between € 20,800 and € 26,200, based on a 4-year trajectory
- The PhD in Business is a part-time programme
- The lectures will take place at the campus of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (during Covid also online)