Through the programme’s modular structure, you will develop the ‘know how’ and academic skills to conduct high-quality research, whilst step-by-step constructing your own papers, with support of the of your academic advisors.
The part-time PhD programme is a four-year programme, of which each year consists of up to six training modules which guide you through the process of writing a scientific article. Throughout the four years (or more if necessary), you will typically develop four articles, which will form the body of your PhD thesis.
Each programme year has its own specific focus, but is always aimed at writing a scientific article, which will eventually be included as a chapter in the PhD dissertation. Throughout the process, the programme supports you in developing your methodological skills and academic writing capabilities, and in publishing research in international scientific journals.
The programme consists of three phases:
- The first phase (1st year), is dedicated to
- writing a systematic literature review paper on a topic of choice, and
- developing an academically valid research proposal, which will serve as the blue print for the empirical research in the second phase.
- The second phase (2nd and 3rd year) is dedicated to conducting original, empirical research (qualitative or quantitative, or mixed methods).
- The third phase (4th year and beyond), is dedicated to finalising the fourth research paper, and finalising the PhD dissertation in close collaboration with the academic advisors.
More detailed information follows below.
The part-time PhD programme in Business supports doctoral research on numerous topics, including (but not limited to):
- Business processes
- Professional services
- Career guidance
- Human Resource Management
- Knowledge Management
- Marketing (limited capacity)
- Organisational change
If you would like to conduct your research on other topics, please contact the Programme Director Prof. dr. Svetlana Khapova: