Sorry! De informatie die je zoekt, is enkel beschikbaar in het Engels.
This programme is saved in My Study Choice.
Something went wrong with processing the request.
Something went wrong with processing the request.


When you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you need to complete the immigration procedure before you can start at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.

Luckily our International Office at VU Amsterdam will apply for the required immigration documents on your behalf.

There are two types of immigration procedures:

  1. Residence permit (VVR) procedure: no entry visa required which means you enter the Netherlands with your passport.
  2. Long stay entry visa (MVV) and residence permit (VVR) procedure: entry visa required which you will collect at the Dutch representation before you can enter the Netherlands.

Please make sure to select the correct information below. If you have any questions about what applies to you, do not hesitate to contact us.


Contact information

Feel free to reach out to us

In case you have questions about your immigration procedure, please send an e-mail to

Telephone: +31 (0)20 598 3078 - Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, between 10:30-12:30 CET. 

You can also schedule an appointment with us (phone or face-to-face).