Students who have passed examinations during another study program at a recognized institution of higher education can request an exemption from courses within their study program at VU Amsterdam.
The components passed must correspond in terms of content, level and study load to the subjects of VU Amsterdam for which you are requesting an exemption. The Examination Board will only consider requests for exemption based on completed courses.
Apply for an exemption for specific courses
- Submit a request to the Examination Board using the form under the blue button on this page.
- Please clearly indicate for which course (s) and on the basis of which course you have already passed you request an exemption.
- Add the following documents
- Course information including bibliography or properly working links to a digital study guide
- Scan of your results overview
- VU Amsterdam reserves the right to request the original results overview at any time until the moment of graduation. So keep this document safe.
- Information about exemption from the language test.