VU Research Portal
The VU Research Portal presents the personal web pages (PWP) of the scientific staff of the VU. For the visibility of our faculty and our scientific staff it is important that all our researchers and lecturers are visible for the visitors of the website. Therefore, we ask you to set up and maintain your personal profile page.
The system used for adding or changing information presented on your profile page is called PURE. PURE is directly connected with the VU Research Portal: what you change in PURE will be visible on the VU Research Portal (after waiting a few hours).
You can find the (small) ‘Log in to PURE’ link at the bottom of all VU Research Portal pages, (wherever you are in the Research Portal).
General information about working with PURE & VU Research Portal on VU employee.
How to edit your personal profile page
The envisioned minimum requirements for your profile page are:
- upload your picture
- use the headings ‘Personal information’ and ‘Research’ within your ‘Personal profile’ section
- create an ORCID
- it is also possible to upload links to other (personal) websites, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Scholar, etc.
- edit your Fingerprint and keywords; see Guidelines Fingerprint & keywords
Before you start, you might want to take a look at:
- the LibGuides for managing your profile page
- a 10 minute instruction video of André Lucas of the Tinbergen Institute (including the highlighted CV)
- an example of a well designed profile page: Marjolein Broese van Groenou
PURE registration categories Faculty of Social Sciences
Besides maintaining your profile page it is also important to register your output and other research activities in PURE. Your output and other research activities are also visible on the Research Portal.
Please make use of the registration categories of the Research output-module, the Activities-module, the Press/Media-module and – if applicable – the Project-module and Prizes-module. See: Overview PURE registration categories FSS
Please take a look at the LibGuide for managing your publications in PURE.
If you have any questions or if you need help, please do not hesitate to get into contact with the PURE administrator of the faculty, Rob Kloppenburg: firstname.lastname@example.org