Applications are now open!
You can view the full summer programme on the courses page. They fill up quickly so apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The deadline to apply is 01 May.
This year's Summer School will occur between 6 July and 4 August (including arrival and departure days).
We provide top-notch short courses in subjects like international law, environmental science and policy, and statistical research. Our summer school professors are passionate about sharing their knowledge through interactive lectures, group discussions, and practical assignments. A diverse and inclusive environment fosters cross-cultural understanding and encourages collaboration.
We also take care of our students and ensure they have a comfortable stay in the Netherlands. We offer exciting social activities such as city tours, museum visits, and workshops. These allow you to explore one of the most beautiful capital cities in Europe and gain valuable insights into Dutch culture.
If you have questions about housing, visas, or local attractions, we're here to help.
Reasons to join:
- We offer a diverse range of challenging and certified summer short courses. One week courses award 2 ECTS and most two-week courses award 3 ECTS. You can see the different sessions on this page.
- Choose from a fully curated list of social events, including museum visits and outdoor activities.
- An educational holiday where you can gain valuable life experiences and make new friends.
- VU Amsterdam ranks as the most sustainable university in the Netherlands. We have a Green Travel Grant available to help you reduce your carbon footprint.
- A European summer school with a vibrant and inclusive community. Hear about why from past students in this video.
- Competitive tuition fees ranging from €525 - €1310, depending on your situation. Scholarships are also available. See the fees page for more information.
Get ready to expand your horizons, make lifelong connections, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
We look forward to welcoming you in July!