The development sector is interdisciplinary and thus requires familiarity with a broad range of disciplines. This minor offers a course on development from an interdisciplinary viewpoint thereby enabling students to engage with various disciplines in developmental issues.
Understand environmental and economic issues in the global world
Admission and registration
- To enter this minor, you must have earned 90 credits, including 60 of the first year.
- All VU-students can enter this (university)minor. You do not need permission of the examination board.
- Wo-bachelor students of another university can enter this minor, depending on whether their own university grants permission.
- This minor consists of 30 EC.
- The minor is open to exchange and Semester in Amsterdam students.
Are you an exchange student or Semester in Amsterdam student? The International Office is responsible for course approval and registration. Please contact either the Incoming Exchange Team or Semester in Amsterdam Team for details:
If you have detailed questions about the contents of the programme, please contact the minor program director Maaike Matelski. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact the Studentdesk.