We develop our programmes in close interaction with the representative(s) of our clients to manage expectations and ensure that the programme is as tailor-made as possible. While developing the programmes we make use of our internal and external network within Higher Education, Government and the Business Community.
In our tailor-made programmes, we offer professionals a combined approach of:
- Updating/ refreshing their current knowledge with the latest academic insights
- Exposure to relevant organisations in the Netherlands and/ or Europe to learn from best-practices in the field
- Organisational learning by reflecting on own professional experience
Over the years CIS has coordinated numerous tailor-made study visits for a variety of groups. Groups ranged from university staff, policymakers, employees from companies and Ministry officials.
The topic of a study tour/ exposure visit is determined by the requesting organisation. Over the years CIS has organised programmes in e.g.:
- University Governance
- Leadership & Management of a Higher Education Institute
- Innovative teaching methods
- Journal publication skills
- Strategic Management of Parliamentary Affairs
- Strategies towards Managing Performance & Effective Public Services
- Comprehensive Internationalisation strategy
- Research and Innovation
- Curriculum/course design
- Environment & development
- Challenges and Innovation in Food and Water Security
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
A study-visit usually lasts 1 to 5 days but can also be extended to 2 weeks. Costs are determined based on the duration, the number of participants and specific needs of the requesting organisation. CIS can develop both the content of the programme as well as arrange all logistics (visa, accommodation, travel, food, excursions). A certificate of attendance is awarded.
For more information and/or if you wish to organise a future study visit with us please contact:
Esther den Hartog or Jorn Dormans.
2-day study visit for 35 Law PhDs from Universitas Hasanuddin Makassar Indonesia
“Thank God, for a visit to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam that can provide a different atmosphere, which is able to change us and give positive values. At VU Amsterdam we see enthusiasm, sincerity, both from the companion team and students of the university.”
Puji Rahayu Purwo Suharjo, The head of sub-division Planning Program The Training Center of Attorney General R.I.