Why work at the Faculty of Science at VU Amsterdam?
The Faculty of Science offers a stimulating, collaborative, interdisciplinary and international research environment with world-class academic reputation, state-of-the art facilities and has an excellent track record in enabling young researchers to make the most out of their career. e.g. all positions are with the prospect of a tenured position and include a starting package in one of the first years of the appointment suited to the needs of your research.
VU Amsterdam offers you:
- A maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment.
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- The possibility to work partly from home (hybrid working).
- Solid pension scheme (ABP).
- On campus child daycare, Sport facilities, Family support programs including: Dual career workshops, Dutch language class, tax & insurance workshop. (some might have additional costs).
- Certain tax benefits (30% ruling) might apply to international candidates.
- Help and assistance with relocation (international candidates).
For more information on our tenure track policy, start package and other terms and conditions, see the “Offer” item below the open positions. For more information regarding International staff supports please check out International Staff Support.