It is important to have insight into your study progress, both for you and for your tutors. The study monitor is a dashboard that provides insight into your study progress and where your tutors and you have access to.
The study monitor shows
- general information (your name and address, BSA, registrations, etc.)
- your last 5 results and a link to all your results, the credits per study, the credits per extra-curricular subject and your weighted average
- the last 5 documents from your Digital Student File (DSD) and a link to your DSD
- the last 5 meeting notes from (or on behalf of) academic advisors and / or student counselors and a link to all meeting notes
Go to the Study Monitor
Digital Student File (DSD)
You access your DSD via the Study Monitor. Click on the block of the Digital Student File to view your documents in one overview. The DSD can only be reached if you are at VU Campus network . So you cannot access your DSD from your network at home.
What's in your DSD
In your DSD you will find all kinds of (personal) documents, such as
- part of your registration data
- meeting notes from (or on behalf of) academic advisors and / or student counselors
- decisions of your Examination Board, Admissions Board, BSA Committee or the Faculty Board
You may not find all the documents you expect in your DSD. This is because not all faculties have archived and / or scanned all documents, but only process them digitally from the existence of the DSD (2017).
Who has access to your DSD
Employees of VU Amsterdam only have access to the DSD if this is necessary for the performance of their duties. All employees treat the available data with the utmost care and have a duty of confidentiality. For each document in the DSD, VU Amsterdam has determined which employee is authorized in which position to view and change it if necessary.
VU Amsterdam does not provide access to your DSD to third parties, unless this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. The university concludes a processing agreement with companies that process personal data on behalf of VU Amsterdam to ensure an adequate level of security and confidentiality of the personal data. VU Amsterdam remains responsible for these processing operations.
Report questions or errors
If you have a technical question about the operation of your DSD or if you suffer from a technical malfunction, you can contact the IT Service Desk via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 598 0000.
The files have been compiled with the greatest possible care. Do you find a document in your DSD of which the content is incorrect or that you think does not belong in your DSD? Then you can report this to the academic advisor of your faculty.
Your personal data is safe
The DSD contains personal data. VU Amsterdam handles this carefully and asks you to do the same.