Always check beforehand if there are requirements for the elective component of your programme and whether permission of the Examination Board is mandatory.
To request permission to pursue an elective subject outside your programme, use the Examination Board webform. You must submit the following information:
- Name of the elective subject,
- Number of ec of the subject,
- Faculty / university where you wish to pursue the subject,
- Content of the subject, including information about the number of contact and study hours, if need be by a link to a public digital study guide.
Please pay attention to the following:
- Ensure that you complete the request diligently. An incomplete requests cannot be processed by the Examination Board.
- If the chosen subject is for 5 ec only, you will need to complete an additional subject.
- If you complete the elective subject at a university other than the VU, you are responsible for ensuring that the VU receives an official transcript of your result with the number of credits obtained. You can contact the faculty administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.