Are you an incoming PhD student at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and would you like to better prepare yourself? Then the Bridging Programme is for you!
The Bridging Programme (BP) is an intensive three-week course organised by VU Amsterdam International Office to strengthen the research, academic writing and soft skills of PhD students in the early stages of their PhD trajectory. Lecturers from the Faculty of Humanities, the VU Library and the Centre for International Cooperation (CIS) will train you on how to manage your research data, improve the quality and structure of your research proposal, write a coherent academic English text about your research as well as present your research to varied audiences.
The Bridging Programme awards 6 ECTS and consists of 4 modules:
- M1: Open Science and Research Data Management, Literature management
- M2: Academic Competencies
- M3: Academic English Writing
- M4: Soft Skills
An orientation session is organised prior to the beginning of the programme to offer the students an opportunity to familiarise themselves with each other and the CANVAS learning environment as well as learn from the experiences of the BP alumni.
The Bridging Programme will be held in person (F2F) at VU Amsterdam. Students from different VU faculties will be enlisted based on “first applied, first served” principle. Due to the limited availability of seats, early registration is strongly recommended to ensure your participation.
Please fill out the online registration form by Friday 15 December.
- When: 22 January - 4 February 2024
- Where: Face-to-face at VU campus
- Who: New/incoming PhD students
- Credits: 6 ECTS (certificate issued after the programme)
- Fee: 750 euros (payment instructions will be sent by email to students selected; check syllabus for conditions)
Want to know more? Then check the syllabus.