Students will learn how to formulate a problem and analyse it during the course by conducting a meta-analysis in JASP, an open-science software package. We will cover the literature extensively, and students will learn how to report their findings following the PRISMA standards.
The online course will provide you with the basics of preparing and describing a meta-analytical study in a separate article. You’ll see how to apply this technique to summarise studies found in a manuscript in order to improve cohesion and suitability for publication.
- Course days: 10-14 January 2022
- Attendance: online
- Course level: open to Master students, PhD candidates and professionals from all disciplines
- Course curriculum: read more about the course curriculum
- Coordinating lecturer: Dr. Jacek Buczny
- Forms of tuition: interactive online seminar (using Zoom)
- Forms of assessment: four written assignments consulted with the teacher
- Credits: 3 ECTS
- Contact hours: 30 hours
- Tuition fee: read more about our fees, discounts and scholarships
Registration for VU Graduate Winter School 2022 have closed. We will open for applications for winter school 2023, Mid-August 2022. Please leave your contact details in case you would like to be kept up to date on the courses on offer. Did you know we also offer a summer programme? Please view the summer courses on offer.
*If you choose to apply as an auditor participant, you will have access to all the lectures and workshops of your winter course for a discounted price (-€100). You will, however, not participate in assignments and will therefore not receive a transcript of records or study credits after completing the course.