During the course students will learn how to formulate a problem and analyse it by conducting a meta-analysis in JASP, an open-science software package. We will cover the literature extensively, and students will learn how to report their findings following the PRISMA standards.
This online course will provide you with the basics of preparing and describing a meta-analytical study in a separate article. You will learn how to apply this technique to summarise studies found in a manuscript in order to improve cohesion and suitability for publication.
- Course days: 9-20 January 2023
- Attendance: online
- Course level: open to Master students, PhD candidates and professionals from all disciplines
- Course curriculum: read more about the course curriculum
- Coordinating lecturer: Dr. Jacek Buczny
- Forms of tuition: interactive online seminars
- Language of tuition: English
- Forms of assessment: written assignments
- Credits: 3 ECTS
- Contact hours: 30 hours
- Tuition fee: read more about our fees, discounts and scholarships
This online course is part of VU Amsterdam Graduate Winter School online learning, short courses targeted at graduates and professionals.
Ready to apply? Fill in the application form (opens in a new window).
*If you choose to apply as an auditor participant, you will have access to all the lectures and workshops of your winter course for a discounted price (-€100). You will, however, not participate in assignments and will therefore not receive a transcript of records or study credits after completing the course.