During this programme, your own views and working methods will be challenged and compared with very diverse, sometimes opposing, views in the profession. You are challenged in the programme to reflect on your own profile and working methods.
The programme is modular and offers access to the Ashridge MSc programme in executive coaching, which also has an international accreditation recognised by the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC and the NOBCO). The programme is in line with international developments in the coaching profession.
VU Amsterdam is the only university in the Netherlands with a Centre for Executive Coaching that offers courses at master's level for executive coaches and executive team coaches.
What does the Executive Coaching programme deliver?
You will develop:
- theoretical knowledge of the psychological and therapeutic underpinnings of coaching
- how to critically evaluate existing coaching models and theories
- how to critically and deliberately use coaching styles and other skills
- your knowledge of organisations as the context in which coaching takes place
- the ethics and responsibilities of an executive coach
- your self-knowledge, as one of the most important conditions for effective coaching
This training (9 months, part-time) is offered in Dutch. View the whole programme here.