The application deadline has expired. It is no longer possible to apply for the Equal Access Scholarship.
Great that you are interested in applying for the Equal Access Scholarship. You can apply via this link (expired) for the scholarship from 1 February and 1 April. Please be aware that it is only possible to select one course.
The results of the scholarship selection will be announced mid-May. Since we have a limited number of scholarships available for a large number of applicants, we suggest - if possible! - to complete your payment at the time of your course application to guarantee your place in the course. However, if you are not able to come without the scholarship, you can just wait until the announcement. If you would like to come, regardless of whether you will be granted the scholarship, it is best to secure your place in the course by completing your payment via our regular application form. If the scholarship is granted to you, the tuition and accommodation fee will be reimbursed.
Deadline to submit your Equal Access Scholarship application: 31 March (23:59 CET).
When you apply via the Equal Access Scholarship application form you will be requested to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé (CV) stating your educational background;
- Professional Letter of Reference Including:
- His/her/their experience working with you (either in an academic, professional, or volunteer setting)
- His/her/their motivation for recommending you for the scholarship
- Complete contact information
- When filling out the scholarship form we will ask the following questions*:
1. Why are you interested in joining VU Amsterdam Summer School?
2. What’s your motivation for selecting this course?
3. How you will use the information you learn to make a positive impact in the future for both yourself and your community?
4. Why do you deserve this scholarship?
*Please stick to a maximum of 150 words per question.
We highly recommend you to read our Grading System before submitting your scholarship application.
What is included?
- Full tuition for one VU Amsterdam Summer School course in July 2023
- Accommodation in one of our accommodation options (if needed and allocated by summer team)*
- One social activity on Wednesday*
* Your preference for the social activity will be taken into consideration, however allocation will be based on availability.
Please be aware that it is not possible to select more than one course for the scholarship. If you are interested in an extra course in a different session then please apply for this course via our regular registration form.
In order to create a fair grading system that will allow the VU Amsterdam Summer School Team to pick the best scholarship applicants, a two-part grading system will be used. In the application form, you will have to answer four questions. Please bear in mind that your answers must be 150 words maximum per question. With the aim of being as transparent as possible, you are able to view our Grading System. This grading card will be used to select the nominees. However, as you will read later, originality will be valued. Feel free to think outside the box. We are well aware of the growing use of Artificial Intelligence software in writing applications. We are taking active measures to track such use. Points will be deducted from any application that makes use of this software. Therefore, we actively encourage students to avoid writing their applications with these tools.