Check out our fees and discounts below!
Fees and scholarships
Fees and discounts
Tuition fee two-week course
VU Students/PhD candidates and employees of VU Amsterdam* or an Aurora Network Partner €650 Students at Partner Universities of VU Amsterdam €900 Students and PhD candidates at non-partner universities of VU Amsterdam €950* Professionals €1150
Tuition fee one-week course
VU Students/PhD candidates and employees of VU Amsterdam* or an Aurora Network Partner €375 Students at Partner Universities of VU Amsterdam €500 Students and PhD candidates at non-partner universities of VU Amsterdam €550 Professionals €650
Early Bird offer
Applications received before 15 March (CET 23:59) receive €50 Early Bird discount!
How to apply?
If you or your department wish to pay via an invoice, please request the invoice by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Included in the tuition fee
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Airport pick-up service (if you arrive an Schiphol Airport between 09am and 15pm on the official arrival days either Saturday 2 July or Sunday 17 July)
- Orientation programme and welcome/goodbye event
- Course excursions (if applicable)
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of participants
- Individual/group guidance from the course organiser
- Access to all VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- On-site support
- A transcript of records and certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A discounted access to our sport facilities
How to apply?
1. Academic Excellence Scholarship
Applications for the Academic Excellence Scholarship are closed (the deadline was 1 April).
Application procedure (closed for applications)
Great that you are interested in applying for the Academic Excellence Scholarship. You can apply via the Academic Excellence Scholarship Application Form. Please be aware that it is only possible to select one course.
The results of the scholarship selection will be announced mid-April. Since we have a limited number of scholarships available for a large number of applicants, we suggest - if possible! - to complete your payment at the time of your course application to guarantee your place in the course. However, if you are not able to come without the scholarship, you can just wait until the announcement. If you would like to come, regardless of whether you will be granted the scholarship, it is best to secure your place in the course by completing your payment via our regular registration form. If the scholarship is granted to you, the tuition and accommodation fee will be reimbursed.
Deadline to submit your Academic Excellence Scholarship application: 1 April (23:59 CET).
When you apply via the Academic Excellence Scholarship Application Form you will be requested to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé (CV) stating your educational background;
- A recent transcript of records (a print screen is sufficient) which shows you have a grade point average of at least 85%. For example, if the highest possible mark is a 10, you need to have an average of at least an 8.5. We will take into account the differences in grading cultures. A copy of your diploma (Bachelor, Master, PhD) is also sufficient if you have this.
- Professional Letter of Reference Including:
- His/her/their experience working with you (either in an academic, professional, or volunteer setting)
- His/her/their motivation for recommending you for the scholarship
- Complete contact information
- When filling out the scholarship form we will ask the following questions*:
1. Why are you interested in joining VU Amsterdam Summer School?
2. What’s your motivation for selecting this course?
3. How you will use the information you learn to make a positive impact in the future for both yourself and your community?
4. Why do you deserve this scholarship?
*Please stick to a maximum of 150 words per question.
We highly recommend to view our Grading System before submitting your scholarship application.
What is included?
- Full tuition for one VU Amsterdam Summer School course in July 2022
- Accommodation in one of our accommodation options (if needed)*
- One social activity on Wednesday*
* Your preference for housing and the social activity will be taken into consideration, however allocation will be based on availability.
Please be aware that it is not possible to select more than one course for the scholarship. If you are interested in an extra course in a different session then please apply for this course via our regular registration form.
In order to create a fair grading system that will allow the VU Amsterdam Summer School Team to pick the best scholarship applicants, a two-part grading system will be used. In the application form, you will have to answer four questions. Please bear in mind that your answers must be 150 words maximum per question. With the aim of being as transparent as possible, you are able to view our Grading System. This grading card will be used to select the nominees. However, as you will read later, originality will be valued. Feel free to think outside the box. Good luck!
2. Photographer Scholarship
Do you love to capture moments, people and surroundings on your smart phone/camera? Do you have good editing skills and a passion for social media? Become our summer school photographer! This photographer scholarship is only offered to those participating in a 2-week course or in case you join us for both sessions.
What do we offer:
- €500 discount on tuition fee
- All social activities for free (but must take photos)
What do we expect from you:
- Photos of your time at VU Amsterdam Summer School (photos of fellow students, Amsterdam, excursions and social programme)
- Creating content / story takeover on the VU Amsterdam Instagram account
- Participation in the social programme (free of charge and based on availability)
- Attending the photographer kick-off meeting
Please send a short video where you introduce yourself (approx. 30 seconds-1 minute) and some examples of your photo work to firstname.lastname@example.org, please use 'Photographer Scholarship' as subject line. It is important to use your own smart phone or camera. Deadline for applications is 15 May 2022.
Team VU Amsterdam Summer School
We are here to help!