Uploading your thesis in seven steps
- Convert your entire thesis into a single PDF file. Please note: the file size of your thesis may not exceed 500 MB.
- Go to https://surfsharekit.nl/ and log in using your VUnetID.
- Open your Profile and enter your student number under <Institution ID>.
- Select 'new publication' > 'Thesis or internship report'.
- Upload your thesis.
- Fill in the mandatory fields (indicated by an asterisk) and as many optional fields as possible.
- Save your thesis using the 'submit' button. Once your thesis has been uploaded successfully, you'll see a pop-up screen appear.
The use of SURFsharekit in faculties
The overview below shows whether your faculty uses SURFsharekit. If your faculty does not use SURFsharekit, you do not need to upload your thesis in SURFsharekit.
|Behavioural and Movement Sciences||No||Yes**|
|Religion and Theology||Yes||Yes**|
|School of Business and Economics||Yes**||Yes**|
* Theses in SURFsharekit will not be made visible to the public for the time being. Theses in SURFsharekit are only visible to support staff of the faculties' education offices.
** At these faculties, students are required to publish their Bachelor's and/or Master's thesis in SURFsharekit.
Check by the education office
The education office of your faculty checks the data you have entered and adds to it if necessary. They then approve the thesis upload in the SURsharekit.
As long as your faculty's education office has not yet approved your thesis upload in SURFsharekit, you can still make changes:
1. Go to www.surfsharekit.nl and log in with your VUnetID.
2. You will see the thesis you uploaded.
3. Choose 'edit' and change the information.
Processing student personal data
The Personal Data Processing Regulations contain information on processing student personal data.
Do you still have questions? Please contact your faculty's education office.