To view the information on this page, you must be logged in with your VU Amsterdam account.
Questions for academic advisors
You can consult academic advisors for questions about personal tutoring and study advice. Academic advisor are also there to help you with problems that may affect your academic progress (personal problems, illness, academic proficiency problems and progress delays). You can also contact them for the following:
- Adjustments to degree programme
- Personal circumstances
- Decision to discontinue studying
- Coping with disabilities or chronic illness while studying
- Recommendation on continuation of studies (Dutch acronym BSA)
- Delays in academic progress
- Study planning/Academic progress
- Issues faced by elite athletes and other exceptionally gifted students: Top performance
Other departments can help you with other issues:
- For general questions about registering for courses, graduating, lists of grades, registration for the programme, tuition fees, student finance, etc., please use the VUweb search functionality or go to the Student Desk.
- You can view the tutorials in the relevant course.
- You can view practical matters when studying abroad at the international office.
- You can view practical aspects of arranging internships in the internship manual.
- For support with study related questions, such as regulations, housing or finances, go to the student counsellors.
- For psychological help you can contact the Student Psychological Counsellors.