Mirjam van Praag studied Econometrics at the University of Amsterdam, obtaining her doctorate there in 1996.
After having worked at Procter & Gamble, Intomart and The Boston Consulting Group, Van Praag committed herself to a career in science in 1998. She held successive positions at the University of Amsterdam, first as Associate Professor in Organizational Economics and later as Professor in Entrepreneurship and Organization. In 2014, Van Praag took on the position of Professor in Entrepreneurship at the Copenhagen Business School. In addition to her professorship, she has held a range of various ancillary positions. Van Praag was a crown member of the Social and Economic Council of the Netherlands (2010 – 2018), and has served on various advisory boards and academic networks in the fields of economics and entrepreneurship.
- Professor of Entrepreneurship, Department of Innovation and Organizational Economics, Copenhagen Business School
- Professor of Entrepreneurship and Society, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Lid Raad van Commissarissen De Nederlandsche Bank (en qq als onderdeel daarvan lid van De Bankraad)
- Lid Raad van Toezicht Anne Frank Stichting (AFS)
- Voorzitter Raad van Toezicht De Balie, Debate and cultural Center
- Lid American European Community Association (AECA)
Secretary: Marie-José Higler
Telephone: +31 20 59 85305