The grants desk from the VU and the VUmc provides assistance to researchers taking part in the NWO grant programme Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (Veni, Vidi, Vici) and in ERC grants (Starting, Consolidator, Advanced and Synergy). A support programme is available for researchers in this category. It varies from one grant scheme to the next, but generally consists of five elements:
- information meetings: information about the grant programme and the support available from the grants desk;
- Go/No go advice: after filling in a "feasibility form" we assess the chances to get a specific research grant;
- workshop on writing a research application: how to write a well-structured proposal to increase its chances of success;
- advisory sessions: discussion of research application in a VU advisory committee – a group of outstanding academics with experience of obtaining external grants and/or as committee members of national and international grant programmes;
- presentation training sessions: a presentation workshop, followed by a mock interview.
The support programmes are open to all VU and VUmc researchers and to all researchers from outside the university wishing to base themselves at the VU or the VUmc. If you would wish to join the grant writing workshops for Veni or Vidi candidates you need to fill in an input form and send it to us with a CV included. You can request this form by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information: Innovational Research Incentives Scheme support programme
14 June 2019
|ERC grants 2019 / 2020||Starting Grant||Consolidator Grant||Advanced Grant||Synergy Grant|
|ERC deadline||17 Oct. 2018 / 16 Oct. 2019||7 Feb. 2019 / 4 Feb. 2020||29 Aug. 2019 / 26 Aug. 2020||8 Nov. 2018 / 5 Nov. 2019|
|VU deadline||not applicable||not applicable||not applicable||not applicable|
|VU Information meeting||Medior infomeeting 5th April 2019||t.b.a.||t.b.a.||t.b.a.|
"Writing a successful Grant Proposal"
|not applicable||not applicable||not applicable||not applicable|
|Advisory sessions||not applicable||not applicable||not applicable||not applicable|
|Presentation training sessions||t.b.a.||t.b.a.||not applicable||t.b.a.|
Research Incentives Scheme 2018 or 2019
|NWO deadline||Preproposals on the 3rd of September for the domains SSH, AES and ZonMW Full proposals on the 9th of January 2020||3 October 2019||26-03-2018 for preproposals and 27-08-2018 for full proposals|
|VU deadline||t.b.a.||not applicable|
|VU information meetings||Junior infomeeting 9 April 2019||Medior infomeeting 5 April 2019||t.b.a.|
|Workshops Grant Writing
||Workshop preproposals for candidates within the domains SSH, AES and ZonMW 11th and 17th of June 2019. For full proposals t.b.a.
||For the domains ZonMW, AES and ENW the 1st and 5th of July and the 9th of September from 09.00 untill 13.00. For VUmc candidates a support group has started.||not applicable|
|Presentation training sessions||t.b.a.||t.b.a.|