VU Asterdam is a campus university: almost all university buildings are situated on one site, with teaching & research facilities and several leisure activities all together. It is located in the business district of Amsterdam, so that during your studies you can also get a glimpse of the business world.
Our campus is
- a modern international campus, with student housing just a five minute bike ride away
- situated in the middle of the most dynamic and fastest growing business districts in Europe
- within walking distance of all facilities
- well connected to public transport
- a 15 minute tram ride from the historic city centre
- an 8 minute train journey away from Schiphol Airport
- developingcontinuously to make VU University a more sustainable place to work and study: new sustainable research, new university buildings, while old buildings are refurbished to improve sustainability
VU Amsterdam has a clear vision about sustainability. Core values are: stewardship for planet Earth and responsibility to achieve a sustainable future. Not only teaching and research programmes have a focus on sustainability but environmental sustainability is also a major consideration when construction and refurbishment activities are carried out. VU Amsterdam offers several Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in the field of Sustainability & Energy, collectively known as Science for Sustainability. Flexibility, sustainability and cost consciousness are important drivers for the development of the Campus. New sustainable buildings are delivered according to BREEAM standards, the top of environmental sustainability assessments. Old buildings are refurbished to meet current sustainability standards as much as possible.