During your first days at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the International Office will arrange several activities in order to help you become acquainted with the city of Amsterdam and the university campus, to get to know your fellow international students, and of course to have a lot of fun. The Arrival and Introduction Day will take place on Friday 2 February and Saturday 3 February 2018, respectively.
Arrival Day, Friday 2 February 2018
The Arrival Day offers you the perfect opportunity to easily arrange all practical matters within a short period of time: picking up your room key, registering at the municipality (obligatory), opening a bank account (optional), arranging health/liability insurance (if applicable), etc.
Also, the members of the incoming exchange team will check your registration and your course list. They are also available to sign documents from your home university, for example your learning agreement and your arrival/confirmation certificate. We kindly ask you to print these documents in advance and bring them along.
You will also receive your student card and proof of registration.
In short, what can you do during the Arrival Day?
- Claim your goodiebag
- Pick up your room key
- Collect your student card and Proof of Enrollment
- Register at the municipality
- Open a bank account (on arrival at Schiphol Airport)
- Get health / liability insurance
- Join ESN VU Amsterdam
- Meet the incoming exchange team
- Have your documents signed (learning agreement, arrival certificate, etc.)
The Arrival Day takes place between 9.00 - 16.00h. We strongly recommend that you arrive in Amsterdam on Friday morning, so that you have enough time to arrange everything.
Introduction Day, Saturday 3 February 2018
During the Introduction Day you will receive a warm welcome at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. We will organize a Word of Welcome, a Campus Tour, a typical Dutch lunch and an Amsterdam Tour.
Also, all exchange students will be divided into groups with one or two local Dutch students as guides. Throughout the day you can ask them everything you have always wanted to know about (studying at) VU, the city of Amsterdam and the Netherlands.
Here is a provisional overview of the Introduction Day:
- 11.00 - 12.00h: Word of Welcome (lecture room KC-07, main building, VU campus)
- 12.00 - 12.45h: Campus Tour
- 13.00 - 14.30h: Dutch Lunch @ Uilenstede campus
- 14.30h onwards: Explore the city and win the contest during our Amsterdam Tour