ASI is a dynamic network organisation that facilitates and encourages interdisciplinary research, increases its impact and provides a platform for exchange and discussion. ASI consists of a small team that coordinates seven interdisciplinary research clusters and a yearly seed money programme, it also organises lectures and networking events, among other initiatives.
By joining the team, you would work alongside highly motivated researchers and in an organisation that puts sustainability at its core, as demonstrated by VU's decision to stop collaborating with the fossil fuel industry and the prize for the most sustainable university in the Netherlands.
- you support the development of the communications strategy
- you carry out communications activities across various channels
- you coordinate activities with VU Amsterdam’s Communications and Marketing department
- you organise and execute events and other activities
- you contribute to sustainability projects in and outside VU Amsterdam
- you support the ASI team in daily management activities
You join the management team of ASI and work closely with the ASI Managing Director.
- master’s degree in sustainability sciences or related subject
- interest in research and working in an academic environment
- motivation to plan and generate content for various channels and to organise events and other outreach activities
- independent and proactive worker with good communication skills and excellent oral and written command of the English language (Dutch is not necessary but a plus)
- graphic design and other media skills are a plus
- ability to work at location VU Amsterdam multiple days per week
As a university, we strive for equal opportunities for all, recognising that diversity takes many forms. We believe that diversity in all its complexity is invaluable for the quality of our teaching, research and service. We are always looking for talent with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This also means that we are committed to creating an inclusive community so that we can use diversity as an asset.
We realise that each individual brings a unique set of skills, expertise and mindset. Therefore we are happy to invite anyone who recognises themselves in the profile to apply, even if you do not meet all the requirements.
An interesting position in the sustainability field in an academic environment where you can grow your experience and network. At VU Amsterdam, you contribute to education, research and service for a better world. And that is valuable. So in return for your efforts, we offer you:
- a salary of minimum € 3.226,00 (Scale 10) and maximum € 5.090,00 (Scale 10) gross per month, on a full-time basis. This is based on UFO profile Education/Research Officer 1. The exact salary depends on your education and experience.
- a position for at least 0.8 FTE. Your employment contract will be initially for a period of 1 year. There is an option to extend the contract until December 2025.
We also offer you attractive fringe benefits and regulations. Some examples:
- A full-time 38-hour working week comes with a holiday leave entitlement of 232 hours per year. If you choose to work 40 hours, you have 96 extra holiday leave hours on an annual basis. For part-timers, this is calculated pro rata.
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
We are located on one physical campus, in the heart of Amsterdam's Zuidas business district, with excellent location and accessibility. Over 5,500 staff work at the VU and over 30,000 students attend academic education.
Are you interested in this position and do you believe that your experience will contribute to the excellence of our services? In that case, we encourage you to submit your application and upload your CV and cover letter. Interviews will be held at VU Amsterdam between 19 and 21 February 2024.
We are looking forward to receiving our application!
The team of the Amsterdam Sustainability Institute