The best initiatives and projects will be included in a digital exhibition called A Better World@VU and supported via podcasts and video clips. A better world@VU does not provide any funding. When chosen, the organisers take care of transforming your project into an attractive format.
A sustainable project contributes to a better world and can be classified according to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This means that sustainability is not only about the environment, but also about economic, cultural and social aspects. Sustainable projects can therefore be about a wide scope of topics. If something has happened at your department, or within your VU network that contributes to a better world, please let us know!
When submitting a project, you will be asked for input based on the following:
- Title and short description initiative/project
- (Global) sustainability challenge you are addressing (based on the Sustainable Development Goals)
- Innovative (academic) background and possible (external) stakeholders
- Local and/or global impact
- Brief motivation why your initiative should be included in the digital exhibition
See the submission forms here
The deadline for submissions is 10 September, selected projects for will be announced on 8 October 2021 (Sustainability Day).
A Better World@VU aims to put sustainability in the spotlight both inside and outside VU where it connects, inspires and encourages sustainable actions.
We are looking forward to see many seed money project at the exhibition!