The Faculty Board consists of four members: the dean and chair of the Faculty Board, the portfolio holders for education and research, and the Director of Operations. The latter also manages the Faculty Office. One student also sits on the board as an advisory member.
The Faculty Board meets every two weeks on Monday. Its agenda is announced two weeks in advance, whenever possible. Depending on the subjects to be discussed, the agenda is set by the dean, the Director of Operations or the portfolio holders.
Duties and competences
- organizing and coordinating educational activities and scientific practice.
- supervising the implementation of the Academic and Examination Regulations (AER) and the research programmes (about which the board can provide guidelines for the departments)
- establishing the Examination Board and appointing its members
- Dean: Prof. dr. K.I. van Oudenhoven-van der Zee
- Education Portfolio and vice dean : Prof. dr. Peter Kerkhof
- Research Portfolio: Prof. dr. J. van Stekelenburg
- Director of Operations: P. Erne (t\m 31-12-2020) / Dr. S. Duarte Oliveira (per 01-01-2021)
Secretariat of the Faculty Board
The Secretariat supports the Dean, the Director of Operations and the Faculty Board.
- first point of contact for internal and external parties who wish to contact the dean and the Director of Operations
- managing the diaries of the dean and the Director of Operations
- planning, support and follow-up in relation to meetings and consultation sessions
- supporting management with various on-going matters
- Heleen van Antwerpen: coordinator of the Secretariat of the Faculty Board and primary point of contact for the dean
- Mieke Noordam: primary point of contact for the Director of Operations
- Anne-Martien de Kleijne: primary point of contact for board meetings