We are currently not open for applications. We will announce the new course offer in August 2023. Please leave your details to receive the announcement when we open registrations for VU Graduate Winter School 2024.
The course focuses on the intersection on understanding, pragmatic application and learning in the domains of medicine, agriculture, climate change, chronic diseases and disabilities as featured in the World Health Organization National Report 2022, and presented to Parliament.
When asked about the best part of the course, students from the 2023 winter school edition answered:
“Novel, exciting, inspiring! I especially appreciated the way the lecturers interacted with the students, always on hand to answer questions, to explain queries or to elaborate. The course is a fresh breeze – a brilliant combination of classic textbook learning combined with practical, real life application.”
“The balance between in-depth theory and practical use cases and demonstrations. The experience ahs been incredible, especially the demonstrations in person.
- Course days: 9-13 January 2023
- Attendance: online
- Course level: open to advanced Bachelor's, Master's students, PhD candidates, Post-doc, and professionals
- Course curriculum: read more about the course curriculum
- Coordinating lecturer: James C. Lech
- Other lecturers: Laszlo G. Boros
- Forms of tuition: online lectures + Q&A practices, morning sunrise task
- Language of tuition: English
- Forms of assessment: test, written proposal and practical tasks
- Credits: 3 ECTS
- Contact hours: 30 hours
- Tuition fee: read more about our fees, discounts and scholarships
- A video introduction to the course can be viewed here
This online course is part of VU Amsterdam Graduate Winter School online learning, short courses targeted at graduates and professionals.