Sorry! De informatie die je zoekt, is enkel beschikbaar in het Engels.
This programme is saved into My study choice.
This programme cannot be saved.
You are not logged in yet to My study choice Portal. Login or create an account to save your programmes.
Something went wrong, try again later.

Payment of tuition fees: Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld (BBC)

Are you studying at both the VU and another educational institution?

 You are able pay at one of the institutions with a Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld (BBC).

Apply for a Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld


A Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld (BBC) is a proof of payment of tuition fees. If you are studying at another institution besides Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, you only need to pay tuition fees once. A BBC acts as a proof for the other institution that you have paid tuition fees.

  • Are you already studying at Vrije Universiteit and are now also starting at another institution?
    When paying the regular statutory tuition fee you can apply for a Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld (BBC) at the Student Desk

  • Are you already studying at another institution and are now also starting at Vrije Universiteit?
    You can apply for a BBC at the other institution and have it digitally forwarded directly to the VU. The VU determines whether the BBC is accepted. 

  • You are following a premaster at another institution.
    You can pay with a BBC. For a premaster, you are paying the premaster fee. If you're following a bachelor next to your premaster for the EU tariff, you're paying for both programmes only the EU tariff. You will be exempted from paying the premaster fee if you hand in a BBC.

  • How do I apply for a BBC at Vrije Universiteit?
    Contact the Student Desk and apply for a BBC. 

  • Cancelling your enrolment at Vrije Universiteit.
    If you have received a BBC from Vrije Universiteit and used it at another institution, you will only be deregistered:
      • After you hand in a proof of cancellation of enrolment from the other institution at the Student Desk.

  • Cancelling your enrolment at the other institution
    If you handed in a BBC to Vrije Universiteit and you now want to cancel your enrolment at the other institution, the institution will ask for the BBC back before they can cancel your enrolment. However, we never give the original BBC back because we need a declaration of payment for the enrolment period for accountancy/technical reasons.

    The procedure is therefore as follows:
      1. You must make a request for cancellation of enrolment in Studielink. We will then cancel your enrolment from the first day of the month following your request. You will get an e-mail stating this. You can use this e-mail to indicate at the other institution that you are no longer studying at Vrije Universiteit.
      2. If this is not enough for them, then we need to receive an adjusted BBC for the time period you were enrolled at Vrije Universiteit. You can then hand the old BBC back in at the other institution.

  • Are you a secondary course student?
    If you a secondary course student at Vrije Universiteit, then you cannot send in a request for cancellation of enrolment via Studielink. In this case, please tell the Student Desk from which date your enrolment is cancelled at the other institution. We will end your enrolment at Vrije Universiteit on the same date. The email you receive subsequently can be used to indicate at the other institution that you are no longer a student of Vrije Universiteit.


Do you have any questions? Please contact the Student Desk.

Call +31 (0)20 59 85020 (Mon – Fri: 10:30 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 16:00)

If you have questions about the tuition fee, Studielink or your personal dashboard on, please contact the Student Desk:

Are you currently a VU student? Ask your question via the question form (log in with your VUnetID)