The University Library also offers physical or online exhibitions, heritage laid out in front of the class, and 3D-printing.
The University Library for lecturers
University Library for lecturers
Guest lectures and workshops on information skills
Our subject librarians can provide workshops or classes on how to search for literature or data as a part of your course.
Course materials for your information skills teaching
Would you like to devote attention in your course to finding and evaluating literature and/or data?
- Consult the LibGuide on Information skills for Lecturers (in Dutch). This Guide contains, among other things, course material, exam questions and example assignments.
Data support for teachers
If you teach a course that frequently requires students to work with data, our data specialists can:
- organise a workshop or class to incorporate into your course;
- help you find suitable data for exercises or examples.
Contact email@example.com to discuss the options.
- Copyright and the Easy Access Regulation
Sources for finding Open Educational Resources
Check this list of databases and websites.
- Online Library Guides and free workshops
Heritage laid out in front of the class
Interested in using early printed or handwritten works or academic heritage during your class? In the Library Lab, you can. Please contact our curators:
- Early printed and handwritten works in Education: Willemien van Dijk, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Heritage: Lizelotte Neervoort, e-mail email@example.com
Curating physical or online exhibitions
The Library manages much of the academic and cultural heritage of the VU. Highlights such as paintings, manuscripts, and church books can be viewed via web exhibitions.
The web exhibitions are not only intended to draw attention to the VU heritage, they are also employed for education. The Library invites teachers to act as guest curators. Let your students compile a web exhibition instead of writing a paper. In this way they can show their knowledge in an original way.
Information skills in education - LibGuide
How do I teach my students to find and assess literature quickly and efficiently?
The University Library supports teachers in shaping their education on information literacy. The Libguide Outline Informatievaardigheden Docenten (in Dutch) helps you to shape your education on information literacy skills. It provides you with course material, a link to test questions, detailed sample assignments, a FAQ questionnaire and various background articles.
Would you like to 3D print an object to improve students’ understanding of your teaching? If so, please contact Sylvia Moes, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org