- Open Science Community Amsterdam
- ReproducibiliTea VU Amsterdam
- Student Initiative for Open Science
- Medical Data plus Pizza Meetups
All of these grassroots initiatives have links with the VU, however, they are absolutely independent of the RDM community. If you have any questions about these initiatives, use the contact information provided on their corresponding websites.
Community manager RDM
All researchers and research support staff who are interested in research data management (RDM) and want to find out more about it are welcome to join the VU RDM Community. The objective of the network is to exchange knowledge and inspire each other. You can take part in the following activities:
- monthly Data Conversations (now online) meetings.
- monthly RDM community calls for the RDM Support staff.
To get on the mailing list, send an email to Lena Karvovskaya. Lena is VU Amsterdam's RDM Community manager. She visits RDM expertise meetings and conferences at home and abroad and takes care of the proper dissemination of the latest knowledge throughout VU Amsterdam.
VU Network for Research Data Support
The Network for Research Data Support (NRDS) is a multidisciplinary network of experts at the VU that offers its researchers and research groups the associated training, tools, infrastructure, guidance and support. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam pursues integrity, sustainability and transparency in dealing with research data. The careful handling of research data by researchers will enhance the impact of VU research, demonstrate the scientific integrity of research and complies with legal requirements, codes of conducts and funding bodies’ demands regarding Research Data Management. The Network contributes to the university-wide principles and strategy, promotes the professionalization of research support and takes care for the continuity of tools and services for research data management.
The goals of the Network are
- To work as a transparent network of research supporters, combining the efforts, knowledge and services of all experts involved in Research Data Support, throughout the entire research (data) life cycle, from grant proposal to FAIR data archiving. We want to make sure that your research receives the support it needs.
- To provide advice, support and training on Research Data Management to researchers. We want to be a strong advocate for good research data management practice, VU-policies and FAIR-principles.
- To provide an overview of and manage the VU’s primary infrastructural RDM-services. We want to make sure that services are managed at the highest possible quality aligned with researchers' needs.
- To foster collaboration between central IT and Library services and the faculties to stimulate sharing knowledge and the use of available RDM-services. We want to make sure that all who is involved in research data management could take advantage of all knowledge, expertise and infrastructure within a collaborative environment.
- To coordinate VU participation in (inter)national developments in research data management and open science and to act as knowledge transfer for developments. We want to make sure that research data support is based on up-to-date knowledge and development.
More information about VU Network for Research Data Support? Contact Marcel Ras, coordinator NeRDS. firstname.lastname@example.org. 0634188614