In the event of an emergency:
- Break the emergency seal on the nearest alarm.
- Call the emergency number 22222 or 020 598 2222.
- Report your name, phone number, location and type of emergency.
- Close doors and windows.
- If possible: use a fire extinguisher or fire hose to extinguish any fire.
- Stay with any victim(s) until help arrives.
- Follow the instructions of security staff or local emergency responders.
- VU Campus Security (internal): extension 85854
- VU Campus Security (external): +31 (0)20 598 58 54
- No emergency but in need of police assistance, call: 0900 8844
Do you want to make a report in person? Get in touch with Campus Security in the VU Main Building.
Overview of numbers and instructions
This Z card is a convenient overview of all numbers and instructions such as escape routes and assembly points in the event of an emergency or evacuation. Keep this card in an easily accessible place.