Dr. Leon van den Broeke initiated the Centre in 2001. It’s aim is the deepening and broadening of scientific attention for:
- the legal standing of various church communities;
- points where the ecclesiastical and the worldly law affect each other;
- the legal position of the church with respect to state and society;
- the legal aspects of the performance and functioning of non-Christian religions in The Netherlands.
In order to realize this, the Centre is committed to:
- scientific studying of and lecturing in the subjects “Ecclesiastical Law” and “Church and Law”;
- dispensing advice in the field of explanation and application of various church orders, and issues in the field of religion and law;
- providing and organizing lectures and colloquia;
- issuing publications in the specialized field of canonistics and church order;
- initiating an illustrated magazine for canonistics and church order (please also see www.ntkr.nl);
- organizing symposia.
Further information can be obtained on this website.